Monday, April 29, 2013

Waffles on a Rainy Day



The girls were in the kitchen, all three making waffles.  
It was late afternoon and kinda icky weather and the perfect time to get in the kitchen and play.  
I love these moments.



It wasn't long after they had scarfed down the afternoon treats when we heard the loud noise...  
and then the scream.  
Charlee Kate was lying in the living room floor. 
When Jeff scooped her up, we saw the blood and all of my nurse training went out the window 
as my Mama Bear came surging through.

It was bad.  
She had bitten through the lip, knocked a tooth 
and her chin was already swollen and turning colors before my eyes.  
She was pitiful.

It took most of the evening to get her calmed down and back into life.  Lots of popsicles.

Finally, I was able to convince her to tell me what had happened...  
and promise that no matter what, mama would not be mad. 

Through swollen, bloody lips, she explained.

"Well, I was trying to be a Super Hero and do a Super Hero Kick with my legs in the air, 
but they got all tangled up and I fell on my face."

The love I felt at that moment for that little girl physically hurt my heart.  
And I giggled at her sweet words, to which she said, "You're not mad, you're happy at me!"

No cape needed.  She is my Super Hero.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment