Monday, April 29, 2013

Being Tested

I am the proud mother of a child with Asperger's Autism.
Maddisson Brooke is 18 and amazing.
And just in case someone wasn't sure...
we now have the test to prove it.

Maddisson is bright and funny and precious.
School has not been easy.
The neuro doc said that it is like a computer,
and the hard drive works fine, 
but the keyboard is messed up.
So if you punch in Y E S
you might get X Y L,
and then she has to figure out the information the world has handed her in jumbled form.

So as a senior this year, 
we had to face the big question...

what will she do after school?

She decided, against all odds, that she would like to attend college,
and have those same experiences her friends were all talking about.
But that required something huge.
PASS THE A.C.T.

Walking in faith,
we began an intensive six week study of math, science, reading and all things A.C.T.

It was beyond hard.
I felt every fear, every struggle, every harsh word ever said to her
as I watched this young girl study...
and I knew this one test would verify everything in her mind.

I wrote a number, the score we needed, on a piece of paper and placed it under my pillow.
I touched it every night.
I prayed.
and prayed.
and prayed.

This morning, we got the results.

She passed.
She earned the exact number needed.
She is going to college.
And she proved to herself, 
more than anyone else, 
because we already knew....
She Is Capable.

Look out world!
Here comes Maddi B!

"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me"

Philippians 4:13

Thank you Lord Jesus,
for loving my child
even more than I do....
and allowing me to grow in faith through her.
Thank you for allowing me to be her mother.
Thank you for allowing me to share in her life.
And thank you for giving her this opportunity,
wherever it may lead.
I don't know what You have planned for her life,
but I know that she walks in faith
and loves you with all her heart.
Amen

Blessings!         

No comments:

Post a Comment