Friday, May 3, 2013

Mirror, Mirror, On the wall...

I have something on my mind.
And, I didn't realize it,
until now,
but it's been on my mind...
for a while.
I wasn't fully aware
that I was even thinking about this,
but I have been having these thoughts a lot.
And it has impacted my life in a million,
maybe zillion,
ways...
I'm not pretty.
 Not anymore... 
My nose is too big!
My forehead is large.
I have gained weight     
      My wrinkles 
My ankles
  
Me.


So, 
I am still me, 
but a duller version of me.

Less dressed, 
less playful,
less sexy,
less adventurous,
less interested
& less interesting...
less creative,
less confident,
less willing,
less me.

And truly,
these thoughts have impacted me
without my realization that I was thinking of them.

My prayers have not been about beauty.

My prayers have been about inspiration,
energy and direction.

Lord, show me what to do...
Help me out of this FUNK.

And as only my precious Savior could do...

today I stumbled across a short, simple video
that spoke to my heart
with just what He knew I needed to hear.

You are beautiful.


I hope you feel beautiful today also.
Blessings!

Proverbs 31:30
“Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; 
but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.” (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment